Welcome to St. Stephens High School!
We are equipping our students for a bright future.
St. Stephens High School is located in the northeast corner of Catawba County. The original St. Stephens High School was formed in 1934 and moved into the current building in 1953. Today, St. Stephens High School serves a vibrantly diverse community. In the 2019-2020 school year, there were students representing 27 different countries around the world!
Our school prepares our students by setting high expectations for academic, personal, social, and emotional growth to ensure that our students graduate ready for higher education, the military or a career. Whether students are at a desk, in a lab, on the field, or on a stage, St. Stephens prepares them not only with the knowledge to face the next step in life but the confidence to pursue their dreams.
We provide a wide range of academic offerings, including access to AP courses that challenge and engage young scholars to reach their greatest academic potential. Our team of talented and caring teachers, staff, and administration work together to personalize each individual's learning. We want to ensure that students receive a well-articulated and challenging curriculum, achieving their potential not only intellectually, but also artistically, athletically, and socially.
We provide a student-centered approach to instruction and use real-time academic data to drive instruction and improve student achievement. We also offer a wide variety of electives such as a nationally-recognized theatre arts program, U.S. Navy JROTC and outstanding Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes that allow our students to gain experience and knowledge in a variety of career fields.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
- Helping our students graduate career- and college-ready
- Teaching soft skills like character education, teamwork, and collaboration that make our students attractive in the workforce
- Providing workforce development courses like animal science, health care, coding, drone technology, welding, carpentry, and more
- Giving our students the flexibility of taking a variety of courses online through Online Catawba Virtual Academy
- Personalizing our students’ education by getting to know each student’s unique academic, social, and emotional needs
- Providing students with technology as a tool for personalized learning including Chromebooks for each student, robotics programs, and more.
- Offering a well-rounded curriculum that includes foreign language offerings, robotics, visual and performing arts like drama, concert and marching band, chorus, and more
"See Something, Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System
This service is designed to help you anonymously and securely report anything that's scaring or endangering you, your friends or your family. You don't need to be afraid to contact us. You never have to give us your name if you don't want to.
We take your security seriously at Catawba County Schools, and we will do everything we can to resolve your concern as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the event of an Emergency Dial 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- The Anonymous Tip Line is monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.